Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grape Juice

I'm alive! Yes, that's right. I am, in fact, not dead. Had you going there, didn't I? Consider it my March/April/part of May Fool's joke.

But seriously, it's been hectic. Other than keeping up with the 2YN stuff, I have done almost no writing at all. Shocked? Me too. But just because I haven't written anything doesn't mean that I haven't been working! No dears, I've gotten some great ideas. It's been crazy over here with trying to get ready to move again. Sigh. What can you do, though?

I've also been rather out of touch with JM and Vic. L

I looked back at my last query version yesterday, and…yikes. This is why you should always leave what you write to sit and ferment before you drink it. I mean, do you want grape juice or wine? That's what it comes down to. If you pop the cork and send out your query/ms/short a week after you've "finished" it, your dinner guests are getting the grape juice. I'm not saying you should let it age for twelve years. But give it enough time. Set it aside and let it sit. Forget about it. Work on something else. Then come back to it. I promise, you'll see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment